We are getting real close to hitting the beach in STJ (only
four days left). We have cleaned up the
yard after the storm and after 7 trips to the dump I believe we have finally
got it into shape. We spread some
additional mulch, built new access hatches for the crawl space, got phones
setup, cleaned out the refrigerators, and made several “last minute” trips to
town. Last Thursday we mailed out 7
boxes since we were told it would take about 7-10 days for them to make it to
STJ. Imagine my surprise, when I logged
onto the USPS tracking site and discovered they were delivered Saturday after
only 2 days! In order to smooth things
over on the island, I called our mail service in STJ to apologize (they will
now have to store the items until we arrive).
They informed me that it was no problem but they did comment that
several of the boxes were barely holding together. I guess we will have to more thoroughly tape
the boxes next time. Hopefully nothing
fell out but we will probably just have to wait until we arrive to be
sure. The next step in packing will be to move
things around between our 8 suitcases to ensure none of them exceed 50 lbs.
Anyway, we are anxious to get away from this snowy weather
and I hope the next time I take a photo of “white stuff” it will be sand and
not snow!! In the words of the natives, St
John “soon come”.

Welcome to the island - let the stories begin
ReplyDelete