Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Day at Maho

We got a chance to enjoy another beautiful day at Maho.  The sun was shining, the crowds were not TOO bad, and we had a nice shady spot under the trees.  Everything was going great until some jerk in a 35 foot boat decided it would be too inconvenient to swim in from the mooring balls and so he actually brought his boat into the swim area at Maho.  He proceeded to come about 20 feet from the shoreline in the bay and dropped not one but two anchors (I can only guess he thought he was in Jost at White Bay).  However, remember this is Maho and there are snorkelers and swimmers (sometimes little kids) all around.  He did manage to make it into the beach and after anchoring, he relaxed for about a half an hour before he pulled up anchor and left.  All I could think of was “where is the park service when you need them”.    I remember last October when they closed the beach … they stated it was because it was unsafe without park service supervision. Of course that is the ONLY time I have ever seen a park ranger at Maho (I have however seen them at Cinnamon giving out tickets for glass bottles).  Anyway, I guess it is not illegal if you don’t get caught.

The Beauty that is Maho
How to Spoil said Beauty

4 comments:

  1. I recommend you take your pics to the Park Service HQs and make a formal complaint.

    What camera are you guys using now?
    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using my Nikon D3200. Actually I believe the polarized filter makes a big difference.

      Delete
  2. yeah no doubt about the polarizer
    the water becomes sooooo blue
    just a few more weeks for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May can not come soon enough and we will be swimming in beautiful Maho and visiting with you guys. So looking forward to our visit

    ReplyDelete