Getting ready to move for a year is certainly a logistical
challenge (especially for an engineer and a list maker). Not only do we have to purchase enough towels
and bed linens for a year we also have to anticipate what clothes we will need
for the entire year (luckily we probably only need shorts, tee shirts, and
bathing suits). In addition, I keep
adding stuff to our list of other “necessities” … how many tools do I need
(remember I am an engineer) … how many flashlights and batteries … what kitchen
essentials do we need … what spices and other food items should we bring … do
we need to take both of our computers … actually the list keeps growing. Finally, there is a comprehensive list of
things to do at home before we leave like: stop the mail, setup a lawn care
service, change magazine subscriptions, update any credit cards that expire,
get last minute doctor checkups, etc. I
can only hope that we don’t forget something but somehow I am sure we
will. We have started to use our spare
bedroom as a staging area for everything that goes … any ideas for what we
might be forgetting?

No comments:
Post a Comment